Friday, April 1, 2011

When Anticipation is Too Much

Well, I am waiting...again! What to do when you have to wait? One thing to do is blog. I haven’t updated my page in a bit, so I figured I would rattle off a few things I can do while I wait.
  1. When Anticipation Is Too Much- I Know you’re rolling your eyes. I stared at the ceiling for about twenty minutes one morning trying to come up with something clever for each letter of the word “wait.”
  2. Play Bejeweled. I still haven’t beat the high score!
  3. Start writing in a new genre. Dabbling in the erotic field. How hot is too hot?
  4. Make a new list of publishers to query, when you’ve exhausted the first, second or third lists.
  5. Give up. Yes, I said it. Being a writer is not for the faint of heart. If you can’t take the rejections then you should just break your pencils, burn that pretty notebook and unplug the laptop!
  6. Have a glass of wine...or two. Once the warm, fuzzy feeling settles over you the wait won’t seem so long.
  7. Call a friend. Thank God I have that unlimited plan. The conversations I and my sibs have could single-handedly pay a CEO’s salary. 
  8. Clean the house. Yes, cleaning can be therapeutic and often the Muse needs a bit of a break from her job of constant inspiration.
  9. Read a book. Right. I have three kids and a husband. I’m lucky I have time to write.
  10. And the best thing in the world to do while I’m waiting...Write! I bet you thought I was going to say something like research or sex? Hmmm, both could be combined for a little inspiration and well...I just go an idea.
Thanks for stopping by and reading. What are some of your favorite things to do while waiting to hear back from a publisher, or at the doctor’s office, or anyplace you’re left cooling your heels?  

No comments: