Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Meet Michaela Winters


Good Day fans and readers of Decadent Decisions. I’m very pleased to be here today. W. Lynn Chantale asked that I fill in for her as she’s been, uh well, detained at this time. Let me introduce myself, I’m Michaela Winters, Mike to my friends. My story, Winters’ Thaw, releases this Friday from Evernight Publishing.

I’m a well known defense attorney in Genesee County and after this last case, I’m looking forward to having time away from court and all the fun that goes along with it. Thankfully my vacation coincided with the holidays.

Lynn did ask if I had any holiday traditions, well I don’t have many. I didn’t have the best home life and celebrating things like Christmas was just another reason for my family to get twisted.

That’s why I was hoping to start a few new traditions with my husband, Brock Logan. He’s the strong, silent, overprotective type and generally will drive me crazy keeping me safe, but I know he loves me...well maybe. Things haven’t been that great between us and that’s probably why he decided we needed to spend the holidays at our cabin in Northern Michigan. He did the whole nine, tree, presents, but there was one thing he forgot to tell me. Someone is trying to kill me. Well I have a surprise or two for my husband. He’ll just have to wait for Christmas day.



“Are you sure we’re stuck here?” This was not the way she envisioned spending her two weeks away from court. Her last case had been grueling and she’d only won on a technicality, but knowing she had time to recharge before she went back to defending the sometimes guilty and unjustly accused innocent eased the sting of the almost loss. Having to spend the next several days with Brock Logan...well she’d rather be in contempt of court.
Warmth enveloped her back. She stiffened. When had he moved? The crisp scent of his soap and masculinity teased her senses. She bit her lip against the moan of pleasure. One of the things she always liked about him was he didn’t wear cologne just the natural musk God gifted him.
Now he’d trapped her between the heat of his hard body and a cold window, her scooped-neck tee insufficient barrier to both. She closed her eyes as he shifted and his arm circled her waist. Desire simmered in her veins and dampened her panties.
“You heard the officer. The roads are closed,” he murmured near her ear.
His breath tickled the delicate shell, sending shivers of want to her nipples. They puckered painfully beneath her shirt. She tried to move closer to the window, only he held her more firmly against his unyielding frame.
“That doesn’t mean you should invade my personal space.”
He chuckled. The low sound wrapped around her like warm fudge. She wanted nothing more than to hear him laugh in the confines of a bedroom while they were both naked and sweaty. She tamped down on the thought, but his solid physique at her back and the bulge wedged against her buttocks conjured all sorts of naughty images.
His lips feathered over the exposed skin just below her ear. Need ignited and blazed a fiery path from tit to clit. She locked her knees to keep the ache in check. As if sensing her state, he cupped her breast and his thumb circled the taut nipple through her shirt.
She couldn’t stop the moan of pleasure from easing between her lips.
“I plan on doing a lot of that while we’re here,’ he whispered.
With great effort, she wrenched from his arms and stared at his reflection in the glass. Was she so easy that a few caresses and some kisses could muddle her brain? This man ruined a case for the greater good, nearly destroyed her career, not to mention wedged a nice little chink in their relationship. Michaela couldn’t let her traitorous body dictate to her heart, no matter how wanton he made her feel.
She drifted her gaze over him. He was rugged, all sharp edges and rough planes. Sandpaper would only refine and hone his persona. He needed someone soft yet strong enough to withstand his arrogance. Why she ever thought she could maintain a relationship with the man and remain unscathed spoke more to her belief in love and romance rather than the logic of them as a couple. What a fool she was.
Still, the man was absolutely gorgeous. Average height, but she loved to run her fingers over his taut, chiseled muscles.  This time her pulse leapt in response. No use in thinking like that. There was no way she was going to let him get that close again, at least not for a long while. She scanned the room. Logs for the fire were piled next to the hearth, the kitchen was well stocked and when they arrived, Logan hadn’t brought anything into the cabin other than their bags. That meant...


No comments: