Monday, March 11, 2013

Dawn of a Dark Knight and Interview with Zoe Forward



1-Tell the readers a little about yourself.
Thank you for inviting me to visit!  I’m a veterinarian with a passion for writing fiction and a special love for archaeology, especially anything Egyptian.  Although my past has taken me on field expeditions into rain forests, I’ve never had a chance to visit a hot sandy country and see a working archaeological dig site.  It’s a goal. And I’m good at goals.

2-As an author, do you take time to read? If so, what do you like to read and who is/are your favorite author/s?
I love to read, but I don’t get a lot of time to do so anymore.  Sometimes, I’ll have time to pick up a new book, but if I’m awake with free time, I want to be writing. I love paranormal romance, but also action contemporary fiction.  Some favorite authors that come to mind include Linda Howard, Christine Feehan, Rick Gualtieri, and Sandra Brown.  

3-How do you stay motivated when the Muse is uncooperative?
If I ever find myself mentally doing mud-spit wheels turns, I’ll move on to a different project until the idea surfaces as to where a stalled story is headed. So far, it’s always worked out.
4-If you could go anywhere in the world on a romantic getaway, what would you do and where would you go?
Egypt (in non-conflict time).  What a dream to take a cruise down the Nile and visit all the major sites.
5-What is the hardest thing for you to write?
When I first started writing romance, I found love scenes tough.  But now I don’t fight it.  I just let them flow as any other scene would.  I don't let the subject matter hinder me.  My job as a writer is to put what’s in my head on the page as faithfully as I can.  That includes the love scenes.

6-If you could live the life of one of your characters who would you be?
Kira.  Who wouldn’t want to be an adrenaline junkie good at handling weapons with a cousin that drags her on black market art deals?  And have a secret magical ability to heal by touch, which propels her towards a mind-blowing relationship with the world’s hottest, yet tormented hero?
7-The tag line on my blog is ‘Indulge Your Inner Romantic.’ What do you do to indulge?
Pop the cork on a bottle of Conundrum and turn on the gas fireplace.  Then…see what happens.

In the shadows of our world, a secret band of warriors fights to protect us. They are the last line of defense against an evil no human can stop.

An ancient nemesis has resurfaced. Duty demands that Ashor Vlahos, Scimitar Magi commander, recruit a magical healer to fortify the remaining eight magi. The gods' choice is the woman who helped him escape torture a decade ago. Ashor couldn't have imagined a better punishment for his vow-breaker homicidal incidents than for the gods to bind him irrevocably to the only woman in the universe he cannot have. The soul-searing desire she ignites in him is strictly forbidden.

Kira Hardy, M.D. is a brilliant, hardworking internal med resident with big secrets. But when Ashor asks for aid after a brutal daemon attack, she is sucked into his dangerous, secret world. Enslavement to the magi, no matter how hot they are, may be an unattractive life plan, but being targeted for death by their enemies is less tolerable.

She must trust the sexy, tormented Ashor to keep her safe while he must deny his ultimate desire and keep Kira at arm's length lest he bring destruction down on them both. As a centuries-old evil catches up to them, they face a crucial decision--follow the gods' rules or follow their hearts.

No comments: